The 2021 Application Deadline is June 18, 2021
The Kids’ Chance of Florida Scholarship Program awards scholarships to dependent children of a worker killed or seriously injured in a claim accepted as compensable under The Florida Workers’ Compensation Act (Chapter 440, Florida Statutes); the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (33 U.S.C. § 901 et seq.); or the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (5 U.S.C. Chapter 81). The Program is administered by the Kids’ Chance of Florida and is governed by Board of Directors representing a cross-section of the legal and workers’ compensation communities. Completed application packets and supporting documents listed on the checklist must be postmarked by the deadline defined on the KCOF website. Application packets will not be accepted after the deadline. All applicants will be notified once the Kids’ Chance Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors make their decision. Scholarship money is limited and varies from year to year. Applying for this scholarship does not guarantee you a scholarship award, nor does it guarantee an award for any subsequent years. Kids’ Chance scholarship recipients must reapply each year.
1. Are you a resident of Florida?
2. Have you been accepted for admission to an accredited Florida Technical School, College or University?”
3. Are you the child of someone who suffered a serious or deadly accident at work?
4. Has that accident or disease been accepted as compensable (the employer or carrier is paying medical and lost wage benefits) under the Florida workers’ compensation law, the federal workers’ compensation law, or The Longshore and Harborworkers’ Act?
If you can answer “Yes” to all the questions above, you have met the preliminary qualifications for our scholarship program. We encourage you to complete the full application and School Expense Budget Worksheet, available below.
- School Budget Worksheet
- New Applicants: Application Packet
- Returning Scholarship Recipients: Re-Application Packet
These forms are “fillable” PDF format once downloaded. You may type the information, save and print the document.
Please mail the completed document to:
Kids’ Chance of Florida, Inc.
PO Box 1648
Sarasota, FL 34230
or fax everything to: (866) 243-2066 Fax cover sheet must identify that package is intended for Kids’ Chance of Florida.